TECHNICAL AND ADVISORY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The mission of AFA is to regulate, develop and promote scheduled crops. The main function of the Technical and Advisory Services Department promotion and development of scheduled crops through;
- Formulating general and specific policies for the development of scheduled crops
- Establishing linkages with various governments and private research institutions for the conduct of studies and researches designed to promote the production of scheduled crops
- Conducting farmers’ training programs aimed at increasing their knowledge on production technologies and prospects for various types of crops, through farmer training institutions
- Establishing experimental stations and seed farms for the development of varieties suitable to the agro-climatic conditions of the area and markets that will provide greatest value added to scheduled crops;
- Ensuring secure domestic food supply for the country through promoting increased food crops production.